As if you needed 10 reasons…
I only need one, it’s a great day out for any car and motorsport fan, PERIOD.
For those of you that do not know, the Silverstone Classic is firmly established as the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival and will celebrate its 23rd anniversary in 2012. The spectacular three-day event is staged at the famous Silverstone circuit, birthplace of the FIA Formula One World Championship and home of the Santander British Formula 1 Grand Prix.
Did you know that you could also attend this years Silverstone Classic for free courtesy of MyCarHeaven.com, click here for more details.
- The finest classic historic racing cars covering a 70 year era featuring more than 100 Grand Prix cars plus massive 50-car grids of Le Mans, GT, Group C, mighty F5000, Formula 2, Sports and Touring cars providing the very best of nostalgic action in 24 flat out races. There’s even a celebrity race in Morgans with world famous TV chef Heston Blumenthal and famous friends.
- In excess of 7,000 classic cars on display over the weekend with huge anniversary celebrations for AC Cobra, Ferrari F40, MGB, Lotus Elan, Triumph Spitfire plus the UK’s first BMW Z-Fest.
- New AA World where everyone from toddlers to seniors can have a driving experience – free learner car taster lessons (age and height restrictions apply), circuit rides, skid pan, pit stop challenge and lots more.
- Live music concerts with headline sets from Mike & The Mechanics and Adam Ant plus full supporting bill.
- Off-track action with a vintage fun fair, go-karts, Punch and Judy (celebrating 350 years) plus giant TV screens showing all the action. There is even a pampering centre on the Village Green.
- Aerial displays with wing walkers, the Parachute Regiment The Red Devils, hot air balloons and more to be announced.
- Retail village with nearly 200 exhibitors presenting a wide range of autojumble, automobilia, art, jewellery, books, videos and gifts for everyone.
- Access all areas – tickets include free entrance to all live music and AA World, free grandstand seating, pits/paddock access…
- Rally car and off-road 4×4 experiences.
- Festival accommodation alternatives on-site: modern campsite, glamping and the unique Snoozebox hotel for additional comfort over the weekend.
So there you have it. If that does not convince you I don’t know what will. Don’t forget to enter our competition to win a pair of tickets to the Silverstone Classic courtesy of MyCarHeaven.com, click here for more details.