Here is a great video we came across which looks at the iconic car that is the BMW M1.
A few facts that you might not know:
- It’s a very rare car: only 456 production M1s were built.
- It was hand-built under the Motorsport division of BMW as a homologation special for sports car racing.
- The body was designed by Giugiaro, taking inspiration from the 1972 BMW Turbo show car.
- Originally commissioned Lamborghini to work out the details of the car’s chassis, assemble prototypes and manufacture the vehicles.
- 7 prototypes were built.
- In April 2008, BMW unveiled the M1 Homage Concept to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the M1.
Hope you enjoy the video. What are your thoughts on the BMW M1? Is it beautiful, cool, iconic or desirable or all four?